Along with Baptism and Eucharist, Confirmation is a sacrament of Christian Initiation. It represents a sealing of Baptism and the celebration of the coming of the Holy Spirit. The Confirmation program is designed to help our young people to explore, deepen and strengthen the seeds of faith they were given at baptism. The candidates, themselves, are choosing the Catholic faith as a way of life.
Confirmation: High School Sacramental Preparation
The preparation process is designed for eleventh grade students. The purpose of the program is as follows:
- To empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ
- To encourage them to participate in the life, mission, and work of the Church
- To promote their spiritual growth
The candidate must:
- Participate in two years of formal religious education in either parochial school or a parish religious education program in 9th and 10th grade.
- Be knowledgeable about the basic teachings of our Faith.
- Participate FULLY in the Parish Confirmation Program
- Attend and participate in class and attend Mass on Sundays
- Participate in the service projects requirements
- Participate in the confirmation retreat
CONFIRMATION ORIENTATION (Parents and Candidates): October 3, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.
Candidates and families will receive a Confirmation Handbook detailing program expectations.
Confirmation: Adult Sacramental Preparation
Are you an active adult Catholic who has not yet been confirmed?
We understand that there are many reasons adult Catholics have not yet received the Sacrament of Confirmation. St. Mary by the Lake invites you to participate in an adult focused preparation program to complete this Sacrament. Contact Heather Warner in the Parish Office for program information.