Youth Confirmation Information
High School students who are 16 years of age by their Junior year of high school and who have completed the formation and service requirements in 9th and 10th grade, can enter into immediate preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation. Classes begin in late Fall and Confirmation is celebrated during the early Fall of the following year. Sponsors must be 16 years of age and a Confirmed, practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church. Classes are held once a month. Students are asked to complete 30 hours of service by the time of Confirmation, and can begin these hours their freshman year of high school. Questions? Please contact Karin Felske, [email protected].
- Registrations are due by September 12th, 2023. Click here to register.
- 9th and 10th grade students will meet with their catechist in the classroom for attendance at 9:45am, and sit together in the main church for 10am Mass (families are welcome to sit together). Class will follow, from 11:00am until 12:00pm.
- Full Schedules will be distributed the first day of class. Click here for class start dates. Please note the parent and candidate meeting on September 10th.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Full schedules will be distributed at the first class.
- September 10th, 2023: Parent and Candidate meeting in the school cafeteria, following the 10am Mass. (for 2023-24 candidates and their parent(s) ).
- Saturday, September 28th, 2024: Confirmation rehearsal in the main church at St. Matthew, 10:00am, with sponsor.
- Sunday September 29th, 2024: Confirmation with Bishop Jeffrey Haines. 2:00pm in the main church at St. Matthew. Please arrive no later than 1:30pm with your sponsor.
Forms and Sign Ups
- Confirmation Data Sheet : helps us with keeping records and sending records of Confirmation to parishes of baptism. (please have your student bring this with them to the first class, or email to Mary Gross, [email protected].)
- Sponsor Guidelines: to help the candidates choose a sponsor
- Bishop Questionnaire will be distributed in Spring of 2024
Current Service Opportunities (as of 5 July 2023)
- Service Hours Form
- Bingo at Elizabeth Residence: Thursday August 10th, 5:45pm-7:00pm. Click here for the permission form.
- Sandwich Sunday, 2nd Sunday of each month:
- September 10th
- October 8th
- November 12th
- December 10th
- January 14th
- February 11th
- March 10th
- April 14th
- May 12th* Meets in art room across from Cafeteria
- Choir member or cantor: sing at special events throughout the year. Contact Chris O’Loughlin, [email protected].
Confirmation Prep will take place at St. Matthew Parish in Creek on the 2nd Sundays with Mass at 10:00 am and Class from 11:00 am to noon from October 8-April 20. The cost is $180 per student. If you have questions about the Confirmation Program, please contact Karin Felske at 414-762-4200 ext. 114
- Please review the information for canidates below,
- Then complete this Confirmation Recording Information form:
- Please review the information found below, follow this link for directions in how to write and submit your Confirmation Request Form to the Bishop.
I hope that this information is concise, easy to follow, and answer any and all questions. If at any time you need assistance, please contact Karin Felske via email at [email protected]
- The rehearsal will be held in the Church at St. Matthew's on Saturday, September 23rd at 10am.
- Each candidate must attend the rehearsal with his or her sponsor.
- If a sponsor is unable to attend the rehearsal, another adult should stand in.
- Candidates and sponsors need to arrive in the St. Matthew Gathering Space by 1:30PM on September 24, 2023.
- The ceremony starts at promptly at 2:00PM, Candidates and Sponsors will be seated in Church at 1:50pm.
- The ceremony should last approximately 1 hour to 1& 1/2 hours.
- Confirmation Certificates will be available in the St. Matthew Gathering Space following the ceremony.
- The Bishop will be available following the ceremony for pictures, social distancing instructions for pictures will be reviewed at the rehearsal.
Seating during the ceremony:
Confirmation Ceremony Dress Code
This is a church event and should not be compared to a graduation or a prom. Use good judgment in selecting your attire and be aware any candidate considered to be improperly dressed will be asked to change prior to the ceremony.
Young Ladies’ Dress Code:
- Dress, skirt (of conservative length) or dress pants are acceptable
- Tops must have sleeves, no spaghetti straps, cover the midriff and have a modest neckline
- No sheer or see through clothing
- There are no color requirements
- No sneakers, no high heels
Young Men’s Dress Code:
- Dress shirt and tie
- Dress pants which cover your underwear
- Sports jackets are optional
- There are no color requirements
- No sneakers